We are a gathering of some 15 to 20 people (and a number of children) who meet weekly, on Thursday evenings, in the church hall to: ·
- Eat a delicious pot-luck dinner together at 6 p.m.
- Meet for an hour of study/ discussion/ conversation/ song/ prayer at 7 p.m. We will discuss books or videos that give us insight into faith.
- Sometimes we read poetry that has sustained our spiritual life or just take time to share meaningful life experiences. All are encouraged to speak freely and treat each other’s views with the ultimate respect.
- Provide the children supervised play time at 7 p.m.
- Intersperse our sessions with the occasional movie night.
- Enjoy great barbeques/parties at Christmas, New Year’s, and in the summer.
We greatly enjoy our community life together and seek ways to provide leadership and outreach to our church and the wider community. We find our time together greatly enriches and stretches our spiritual life and builds valuable bonds of friendship.
We welcome any and all who would care to join us. You do not have to have children to qualify (several of us are definitely in the grandparent category). We enjoy varying perspectives on the issues we discuss and engage in open, honest and prayerful discussion. If interested, please call Glenn Lawson at 250 339-3348 or Tony and Rachel Reynolds at 250 339-1932.
Tony Reynolds and Glenn Lawson