The Pastorate is a gathering of some 15 to 25 people, from the youngest to the oldest of St. Peter’s flock, and beyond, who in pre-COVID times met weekly, on Thursday evenings, in the church hall to:
· Eat a delicious pot-luck dinner together at 6 p.m.
· Meet for an hour of study/discussion/conversation/song/prayer at 7 p.m. We will discuss books or videos that give us insight into faith
· Sometimes we read poetry that has sustained our spiritual life or just take time to share meaningful life experiences. All are encouraged to speak freely and treat each other’s views with the ultimate respect.
· Provide the children supervised play time at 7 p.m.
· Intersperse our sessions with the occasional movie night
· Enjoy great barbeques/parties at Christmas, New Year’s, and in the summer.
In the midst of COVID, we now meet via Zoom every second Thursday at 7 pm to check-in, discuss a topic of spiritual, social or personal relevance in our lives, and then close in prayer.
On alternate Thursdays (non-Zoom), Pastorate members are welcome to gather in person in small groups of 4 to 6 using COVID protocols to affirm the personal connection and to minister to those who do not Zoom.
We greatly enjoy our community life together and seek ways to provide leadership and outreach to our church and the wider community. We find our time together greatly enriches and stretches our spiritual life and builds valuable bonds of friendship.
We welcome any and all who would care to join us. You do not have to have children to qualify (several of us are definitely in the grandparent category). We enjoy varying perspectives on the issues we discuss and engage in open, honest and prayerful discussion.
If interested, please use the contract form below.