Nominate a volunteer for Canada's Volunteer Awards 2021
Now is the time to nominate an outstanding individual, a not-for-profit organization, a social enterprise or a socially responsible business who has made a significant contribution in improving the lives of others in their community through volunteering. Help them get the recognition they deserve. The nomination period is officially open and will run until March 4, 2022.
CLICK HERE TO NOMINATE A VOLUNTEER TODAY
Canada’s Volunteer Awards is a federal recognition program under the Department of Employment and Social Development Canada that acknowledges the important contributions of Canadians through volunteering. The Awards are about people working in partnerships to find new solutions to strengthen our country.
In total, twenty-one awards will be presented, including one national award, the Thérèse Casgrain Lifelong Achievement award. This award recognizes individuals who demonstrate exceptional achievements through volunteering for at least 20 years. The 20 regional awards are distributed in the following four categories across five regions:
- Emerging Leader: Youth aged 18 to 30 who have demonstrated community leadership.
- Community Leader: Individuals or a group of volunteers who have taken a lead role in developing solutions to social challenges in their communities.
- Business Leader: Businesses that demonstrate social responsibility in their practices, as well as, for profit and not-for-profit social enterprises dedicated to creating social, cultural or environmental benefits for their communities.
- Social Innovator: Recognizes the contributions of not-for-profit organizations, including not-for-profit social enterprises that find and use innovative approaches that address social challenges in their communities.
In addition to receiving an award from the Government of Canada at a national ceremony, Canada’s Volunteer Awards recipients have access to:
- Funding Opportunities - Award recipients can choose a not-for-profit organization to receive a grant of $10,000 (national award) or $5,000 (regional awards).
- Learning Opportunities - Recipients participate in an exemplary practices forum where they can share best practices with other sector leaders.
- Networking Opportunities – Award recipients become part of the Canada’s Volunteer Awards alumni community.
- Learn more about the Canada’s Volunteer Awards by Canada.ca/volunteer-awards or calling 1-877-825-0434.
- Help us spread the word by promoting the call for nominations to your friends and family. Share, follow and like us on Twitter @ESDC_GC Facebook @ESDC.GC and Instagram @edsc.gc.
Watch the 2020 Canada’s Volunteer Awards